Andrew Starr's Unofficial Eudora Site
NEW: UTF to ISO plugin by Daniel Kuhn "checks all incoming messages (and can be invoked manually) for UTF-8 encoding and tries to decode as much as possible."
Plugins (EMS API) Note that there may be plugins elsewhere on this page or site.
- Edit-X allows you to modify/delete the X-Sender and X-Mailer lines in your outgoing headers.
- Esoteric Settings "is a plug-in that provides additional settings options in Eudora. These settings options will allow you to change various underlying bits of Eudora."
- EudoraPass by NeroSoft "is a simple password recovery tool for Windows. If you are using Eudora as your email client, you may have forgotten just what your POP3 mail passwords are. Using EudoraPass will scan your Eudora configuration, find the encrypted passwords stored inside, decrypt them, and display them to you. Never again forget one of your POP3 passwords!"
- EuFO (Eudora Filter Organizer) by JWJ van der Drift is, as its name implies, a tool to help you organize your filters. Handy if you have a lot of filters and lose track of some, so create them twice, or forget what purpose a particular one serves, etc.
- Eumail summarizes your mailbox contents so you can print just the summary. Not needed for Eudora 3.x. (If you have Eudora 3.x, try selecting all messages, choosing copy, then pasting the results into a word processor or text editor.)
- InTray by Peter Kenyon allows Eudora (and other POP3 clients) to pick up mail using SMTP. Handy for accounts on machines such as demon.co.uk that only provide an SMTP server. Compatible with Windows 95 or Windows NT version 4 only.
- MailRelayer makes all your email (and address book) remotely accessible over the Internet. You can share your email with authorized others and read it, reply to it, and file it yourself from anywhere in the world. On your base computer, MailRelayer works with Eudora, Outlook, or Netscape Messenger. When you are away, you can use almost any IMAP compatible mail client (including the three mentioned above) or you can also use a Web browser, a Pocket PC, or a suitably equipped Palm.
- PowerSleuth for Eudora "find e-mails containing anything you can describe, then to extract anything else you can describe from those e-mails"
Sounds to indicate new messages
- Andrew's Eudora Plugins by another person named Andrew.
- MIME Dumper Plugin: "The plugin basically takes exactly what Eudora is going to send to the SMTP server, after everything has been 'done to it', and saves it [the whole message, not just the MIME part] to a file on your local disk. A blank message is then sent to the SMTP. It is a cool tool for developing plugins."
- Setbackground Plugin: "add background images to emails", "change the background colour of the email," and "lets you change the default text colour."
- Smily Plugin "changes characters like :-) into cute little smily faces."
- Eudora Plugins by Brana Bujenovic include Archive Messages, Attacher Plugin, Central European Charset Converter, Custom Quote Plugin, Delete Duplicates Plugin, Extra Headers Plugin, Format Paragraph, Forward as Attachment, HTML Plugin, Microsoft Viewer Plugin, Pending Messages, Privacy Sheet for Eudora, Quoted Printable Encoder/Decoder, ROT-13 Plugin, Scripter Plugin (for TCL, Perl, Python, and VB scripts), Search & Replace Plugin, Ol' 305 [X-Tools] (including Address History, Stationery Manager, Signature Manager, Log Viewer & Personalities Overview.)
- Phil Daley's Eudora Plug-Ins
- AttachmentGlue "insures that the attachments you intend to include with emails actually are attached"
- EuSeRep (Eudora Search and Replace) by Art Weiss "is a plug-in to the popular Eudora E-Mail program. EuSeRep adds the critically missing function of being able to search and replace text within a message."
- aasBackup (for Windows) by Aaron Sherber makes backups of Eudora mailboxes, address books, .ini file, filters, signatures, stationery, spelling files, spool info, and attachments. (download). Please note that while there are no known or reported bugs, this plugin is no longer in active development.
- EasyTranslator Express for Eudora by Transparent Language. from English to and from German, French and Spanish
- p7mViewer for Eudora allows Eudora users to read S/MIME encrypted and signed e-mails. Works with the p7mViewer program. Support for composing S/MIME messages is in beta testing.
- SmartWrap™ by Sanford Selznick analyzes your text, detects paragraphs and lists within
your text, and rewraps your text so it wraps naturally within your
document or message. SmartWrap™ comes in many varieties so it's
always available where you need it most:
- SmartWrap™ Plug-in For Eudora™ and Eudora™ Light
- SmartWrap™ the Clipboard
- Speak! "is an Eudora Pro Email plugin that uses Microsoft Agent to automatically announce new messages using a speech synthesizer and animated character. As a new message is received, the character will pop up and read who the message is from and the subject. Different animated characters can be selected and the messages to be announced can be customized."
- UTF to ISO plugin by Daniel Kuhn "checks all incoming messages (and can be invoked manually) for UTF-8 encoding and tries to decode as much as possible."
- New messages sounds. This file has 7 .wav files to indicate new mail has arrived. 4 are beeps/alerts. 3 are voices. You can point Eudora to play any .wav file to indicate new messages.
- Sound of Silence by James Allen is a .wav file that generates no sound! This can come in handy if you are ever forced to choose a .wav file but wish you did not have to do so.
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009. Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC. The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character, "NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder", the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read. Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC. All other marks belong to their respective owners.