Mac mailing list servers and mail merge
comp.sys.mac.comm or comp.mail.list-admin.software newsgroups are your best bet for questions about the software, other than any support offered by the manufacturer.
Mailing List Software:
Mailing List related utilities:
- AppleShare IP by Apple has file, print, web, and mail services. POP, IMAP, and mailing lists. No longer available.
- AShare Helper by David Bakker " is an application to help AppleShare IP Server Administrators with the upkeep of their Servers by doing a number of minor tasks, then sending notification to remote locations via email." (is this anywhere?)
- ASIP mailing list (via newsreader)
- AutoShare by Mikael Hansen works with EIMS or SIMS to allow auto-reply accounts, "vacation" messages, and mailing lists.
- Conversant by Macrobyte Resources is a community/site-building package. Subscribers can read or post to discussions via news, e-mail, or web. Server runs on Mac or Windows.
- CommuniGate-List, part of CommuniGate, by Stalker Software, Inc. Mailing
lists used for message distribution can contain E-mail, Fax, Pager and other
addresses supported with the CommuniGate system. The List supports archiving of digests and
retrieving of back issues via E-mail and supports moderated mailing lists.
- DMail by NetWin for Mac OSX has SMTP, POP3, IMAP, LDAP Auth, Webmail, and list server.
- LetterRip Pro by LetterRip Software is an easy-to-use yet powerful mailing list server for Macintosh.
- LetterRip-Talk list
- Web interface for LetterRip subscription/unsubscription/list-option-management
- LetterBounce. "LetterRip server owners and their Listmoms can now simply take all the 'Bounced Mail Digests' drag them into the LetterBounce 'Bounces' folder and process them with a click of a mouse."
- ListSTAR by MCF Software "is a powerful and completely customizable list server and e-mail manager which can handle all kinds of e-mail like no other list server on the market today. It can handle simple mailing lists all the way to complex e-mail routing applications."
- Macjordomo by Michele Fuortes works with any POP3/SMTP server, but particularly well with EIMS, to do mailing lists. Macjordomo does not require a uninterrupted Internet connection.
- Post.Office by Tenon for OS X includes mailing list server.
- WebCrossing is a "community" package, meaning it provides a web site and communication packages for virtual communities. Web, Webmail, POP3/IMAP/SMTP, web-based and NNTP forums, and can run mailing lists.
Mail merge: (or try the free, web-based emailforms)
- eMail Bounce Handler by MaxProg will download bouncebacks that arrive in your mailbox, and prompt you to delete or change the listing in your address book or list.
- WS4D/Email-Search acts as a standalone server or CGI, and works with EIMS and other mail servers to make mailing lists searchable via the web.
- Digest Viewer for easily viewing mailing list digests.
- FM@iler by Web Broadcasting is a combination suite consisting of an email logging AppleScript for Emailer 2.0, a backend database
application powered by the FileMaker Pro 3.0 runtime database engine, and a web server plug-in for W*API 1.1
compatible Mac web servers that provides a searchable web browser interface to archived email messages. (Script can be modified to support other e-mail programs. Let me know if you make a new script.)
- MailBounce for Windows, Unix/Linux, and Mac OS (OS, OS X, OS X Server). "is the intelligent way to process bounces from Internet mailing lists. MailBounce is currently being used by list owners around the world, on lists ranging from 20 subscribers to more than ten million subscribers. It has successfully processed real-world bounce files in excess of 40 gigabytes, containing nearly two million unique bounce addresses. MailBounce recognizes more than 99% of all bounces in typical bounce files."
- Mail Magic 2 from Infinisys Ltd. is the new e-mail tool for the Macintosh and Windows that
allows you to create and send customized text and HTML mails, not only for
business purposes such as e-mail direct mailings, but also for personal use,
like sending birhtday cards, Christmas cards or party and wedding
- Even Computer Novices Can Create Their Own HTML Mails
Mail Magic 2 comes with a large number of HTML templates. The HTML
template wizard guides the user through the process of inserting their own
graphics and text, to create customized HTML mail. No knowledge of HTML is
- Mail Merge
Mail Magic 2.0's database functions make it easy to insert personal details
for each recipient into every mail that is sent out.
- MailDrop by Freshly Squeezed Software lets you send HTML mail, mail merge, built-in SMTP server, and lets you import/export your data.
- AutoMail by Andy Rincon is a program designed to create and send on the Internet customized messages to a large number of recipients.
- BeMailer by Jonathan Nathan works with Claris Emailer, Eudora, Mailsmith, Outlook Express, QuickMail Pro, or your America Online account.
- Contact Merge Pro by MachineWare is an application that uses AppleScript to combine the power of Microsoft Word™ and Now Contact to create a powerful merge application. Can mail merge to print or to e-mail (Eudora, Outlook Express, Emailer)
- DBMailer Pro works with FileMaker or standalone
- Direct Mail for Mac OS X is an ernieWare product. "Delivers your messages directly, bypassing your ISP's SMTP server. Allows for faster, more reliable delivery. Support for HTML, multipart messages, multiple message encodings, and message attachments."
- eFuse by iecan : software.
- Email Merge by Sig Software does mail merge from database (FileMaker 3.0 or later) to Apple Mail, Entourage, Eudora, Mailsmith, PowerMail, Outlook Express, Emailer, and
- eMerge by Galleon Software is a standalone e-mail merge program.
- FileFax Pro by Data Sports does fax/mail merge with Filemaker.
- fmMailmerge a personal bulk mailer that allows the merging of data from a FileMaker Pro database. This version can handle plain and HTML text and allows the use of graphics. Works in conjunction with Eudora.
- IntelliMerge by Intelli Innovations "is dynamic e-mail merge software designed to simplify keeping in touch with customers, family, and friends. Featuring an integrated message editor, recipient database system, and message mailer, it's all you need to manage contacts, create personalized e-mail messages, and send them out over the Internet."
- MaxBulk Mailer
- sMailing by MacApp software
- Word Merge Pro by MachineWare is an application that uses AppleScript to combine the power of Microsoft Word™ and FileMaker to create a powerful merge application. Can mail merge to print or to e-mail (Eudora, Outlook Express, Emailer)
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009. Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC. The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character, "NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder", the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read. Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC. All other marks belong to their respective owners.