comp.sys.mac.comm newsgroup is your best bet for questions about the software, other than any support offered by the manufacturer.
- MailSteward by pubblog.com for Mac OS X. Will archive your mail.app mail into a relational database, import most mbox format (Eudora, Entourage and other) mail files, and will work with POP, IMAP, and .mac folders stored locally in mail.app.
- Info-Mac Hyperarchive mail directory (alphabetical) (by date)
- AddMail by Alan Staniforth is available in this subdirectory. List of files in directory. AddMail allows POP3 clients to retrieve mail from SMTP servers. Handy for accounts on machines that only provide an SMTP server.
- Baton Mail "allows you to add mail authentication to your older email clients. Baton Mail is a small application that you run in the background on your computer. You configure your email client to send outbound email to Baton Mail, which in turn performs any necessary authentication with your ISPs mail server, and then relays the outbound mail."
- BlatherMouth by WebbToys is a send-only mail client that lets you easily send a message to many recipients.
- Digest Viewer for easily viewing mailing list digests.
- Drop Mail Light is a small application which allows you to instantly send e-mail from any application that supports drag and drop text.
- eMail Bounce Handler by MaxProg will download bouncebacks that arrive in your mailbox, and prompt you to delete or change the listing in your address book or list.
- E-Mail Fax
- Email Effects by Sig Software helps you create ASCII art.
- FastMail CM Plugin is a contextual menu plugin that lets you easily send selected text or selection of files.
- Hi's Universal Saver by Hiram C. Wilson "is a little application which runs quietly in the background and automatically saves your work at an interval which you select. It should work with any application that has a Save command" including e-mail.
- KaiMyoo by William Leshner is a utility that will let you change your pop account password if your system runs a POP password server (poppassd).
- LiSA by LiquidInformation announces in a pleasant voice when e-mail arrives and who it is from.
- LogTransporter by Camp Software will send selected files to selected addresses at scheduled times.
- Mail Agent by Max Ribuoli's Software allows you to send e-mail directly from FileMaker without the use of an external e-mail application.
- MailForward will forward up to 20 Hotmail, Yahoo! or POP accts to another address.
- Mailing Sender by Max Ribuoli's Software. "Create a mailing list and send simple text emails, rich text emails or both with just four clicks."
- MailKeeper by Nisus Software will archive e-mail.
- mailto Activator by SmileyInfo tells Netscape 4 to use the program you select (i.e. your favorite mail program) when you
click on a mailto: link (a link with an email address, such as email@example.com, our email address
for questions/comments). Simply drag your mail app onto mailto Activator or double-click Activator and
open the app with the Choose File dialog box, and let the Activator do the rest. You can get out before or
after it's done - and mailto: links will no longer work, of course, until you re-Activate it.
- MondoMail by Acme Technologies:
- Yahoo mailto helper (clicking on mailto links will bring up your Yahoo mail)
- MondoMail FileMaker Edition is a plugin for FileMaker which offers email sending (with attachments support coming this month), plus an http command to download data directly into FileMaker databases.
- MondoMail Pro is a scriptable e-Mail client for use with AppleScript, Tango Enterprise, WebSiphon or any application that can send Apple events.
- And a freeware version of MondoMail which provides basic scriptable e-mail sending capabilities.
- NetscapePlusAlpha lets you set/override Netscape Navigator/Communicator's URL helper settings (i.e. set mailto to go to the email program of your choice, news to go to the newsreader of your choice, etc.)
- NotifyMail by Scott Gruby. NotifyMail is an application that works with various servers to notify e-mail applications that mail has arrived at that user's account. Their e-mail program can then retrieve e-mail messages as they arrive, rather than having to poll the server every n minutes to see if new mail has arrived.
- SignatureQuote by Semicolon Software gives you a pallette with buttons for quoting, pasting (signatures or text of your choice), wrapping and unwrapping text.
- Show Me The Mail (SMTM), by Dan Crevier, is an application for displaying messages when mail is received by Emailer 2.0, Eudora 2.1+, or LetterRip 2.0. The messages float above other windows, so they are always visible. They also show who the message is from and what the subject is.
- URL Manager Pro is a bookmark/URL organizer, and can also store e-mail addresses and extract e-mail addresses from your incoming e-mail messages and other sources.
- VacationMail by MacSOS for Mac or Windows "is a simplified GUI tool to allow inexperienced computer users to configure their Solaris UNIX POP email server to send automatic reply emails while they are away. This programme configures the files required for the Solaris '/usr/bin/vacation' application without the user having to understand telnet clients, shell variables or vi editors. The vacation email service can also be disabled using this application."
Paging (e-mail sent to your pager)
- NotifyMail, Jr. by Scott Gruby "works with POP3 servers and can check email for as many accounts as you have using very little CPU and being very unobtrusive."
- eMail Alert! by Intelli Innovations can check multiple accounts, activate applications or Applescripts, send apple events to applications, allows you to send short messages, and also has a control strip module.
- Email Checker checks your email at specified time intervals using your email program, AppleScript and OpenTransport/PPP
- FastEmailCheck Pro will check multiple accounts and alert you when mail arrives.
- FrogSlapper by Stimpsoft will check up to 100 POP accounts.
- iPObox by YourHead. "iPObox blinks a light on your desktop whenever your POP email account receives email. With just a double-click, you can jump straight to your email application. "
- Mac Mail Purger by Simple Macs allows you to list messages in a POP3 mailbox, display date, sender and subject and then delete them usingÊ a filter system or read them.
- Mail Beacon by Bains Software. "Mail Beacon can tell you when get new mail, and when messages are deleted. You can also read all of your mail online(fast!), filter spam, and trash large attachments. Mail Beacon supports POP3 and IMAP4."
- MailCall can check POP and IMAP accounts.
- MailChecker will let you customize schedules and invoke mail checks in Eudora, Emailer, Netscape, or Outlook Express.
- Mail Monitor by TrapZero. (POP and IMAP)
- MailSiphon II by Malia Software will let you preview headers or full messages on multiple accounts, and delete unwanted messages. Version II adds SMTP support for sending mail as well as support for non-standard ports.
- MailSniffer for
Macintosh, by William Leshner, does not work directly with Eudora. It is a minimal POP client that counts the messages in a user's mailbox. MailSniffer will optionally list the subjects and senders of either new or all messages. MailSniffer can also optionally perform several actions, such as run a script or notify the user, when the mailbox contains more than a user specified number of messages. MailSniffer French
is also available.
- MailWatcher by Malia Software will check multiple accounts and alert you when you have mail.
- Pony Express checks multiple POP and IMAP accounts.
- PopMonitor supports multiple accounts.
- POPThing will check Pop accounts for new messages. You can optionally delete messages.
Text Cleaners: (unwrapping, rewrapping, getting rid of quote marks, etc.)
- Mark/Space has the following:
- PageNOW!. "Send messages from your Mac or PC to numeric and alphanumeric pagers as well as GSM and PCS telephones."
- PageNOW! Lite "PageNOW! Lite is perfect for the home or casual business user, and includes group paging, scheduled paging, message monitor, activity log and pager preview."
- PageNOW! Server "Everyone in your network can send pages sharing one modem or TCP connection - PageNOW! Server lets all network users utilize the full set of PageNOW! features, but eliminates the need for seperate modems, phone lines, and installations by sending pages through a single, non-dedicated paging server machine."
Mac OS X:
- Email Cleaner does line re-wrapping on badly wrapped emails and newsgroup posts.
- Quote UnQuote by John Rethorst. "Wraps text at the line length you specify, prepending each line with a
symbol such as ">" that you specify. Also does the reverse. Make any number
of copies for different lengths and symbols, or without symbols to just
wrap and unwrap text. Applescript applets easily updated for OS X."
- SmartWrap™ by Sanford Selznick analyzes your text, detects paragraphs and lists within
your text, and rewraps your text so it wraps naturally within your
document or message. SmartWrap™ comes in many varieties so it's
always available where you need it most:
- SmartWrap™ Plug-in For Eudora™ and Eudora™ Light (Mac and Win)
- SmartWrap™ the Clipboard (Mac and Win)
- SmartWrap™ Plug-in For BBEdit, MailSmith, and CodeWarrior (Mac Only)
- SmartWrap™ AppleScript Scripting Addition. Can be used with Claris Emailer and Outlook Express. (Mac Only)
- TextSoap from Unmarked Software cleans up text. Handy for copying text from web to e-mail, or for forwarding e-mail without multiple quote strings. Has a Mailsmith/BBEdit plugin, but also works well with any software.
- TextSpresso from Taylor Design
- Mail.app Utilities for Mac OS X Server
- SC Mail Filter by Stephane Corthesy for MailViewer for Mac OS X Server
- SWSignature by Scott Anguish for Mac OS X Server allows one to use signatures with MailViewer, and adds clickable URL support.
- Vacation for Mac OS X Server by P&L Systems lets you easily forward your mail, autorespond to it, or pipe it to an application.
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009. Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC. The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character, "NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder", the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read. Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC. All other marks belong to their respective owners.